Catenaries Fault Locator
LDN2 calculates the location of a fault detected by any protection relay, on AC railway catenaries feeders on conventional network or with autotransformers. Its algorithm is similar to the PDZI800 distance protection.
As well as the usual protection functions, NP800 relays provide monitoring,
measurement and recording of the electrical quantities of the network.
The relays can be set locally, using either the keypad and display or the RS232 port, or remotely using the RS485 port.
Setting, reading, measurement and recording are all available locally or remotely.
CONTROL AND PROTECTION FUNCTIONS
- Distance based fault location [21FL]
- Alarm undervoltage [27/74]
- Location starts by:
– minimum of impedance criterion
– overcurrent criterion
– directional criterion
- Breaker Failure
- Fault location announced in kilometres or four zones
- Linear or customized modelling of line
- 2 setting groups for two line configurations