Amplification and Interface device
The BAI 7001 device acts as an amplifier (0-20mA current loop) and interface (0-20mA current loop / RS232) in the PROCOM system communication networks; as such it allows a communication link to be created between a central processing unit and the various system devices (protections, intrumentations and control).
A BCL / RS switch, fitted on the rear of the device, enables the BAI 7001 to switch its operating mode between amplifier or interface.
- Interface Operating Mode: operates as an RS232/Current Loop (0-20mA) converter
- Amplifier Operating Mode: operates as a Current Loop 0-20mA signal amplifier
- Interface/Amplifier operating mode selection via rear fitted switch
- DTE/DCE operating mode selection via front switch
- Up to 8 PROCOM device for each BAI 7001
- RX and TX lamps provide a visual display of the 0-20mA loop continuity for trasmission. These green lamps light up when the loop is connected and flash in response to the flow of data communications.